RE: [hreg] And the winners are....

  • Tyra Rankin
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2010

      Thanks Evelyn:

      I attended the Shell Eco Marathon, visiting with student teams.  They were amazing.  Even though pressed for time, all spoke with us, answered questions at length.  The process the students used was fascinating.  Teams were multi-discipline – one team told us their Most Valuable Player was the Industrial Engineer who coordinated member tasks and disciplines.  The tasks went form design/concept to implementation/build, supply/purchasing, fund raising.  Energetic, bright, passionate – it was a delight to learn about their projects.

      These kinds of competitions are hugely valuable, not only as teaching tools for student participants, but as sources of great new ideas.

      Tyra