Fw: RE: [hreg] Re: TX Bottle Bill

  • PCH Electric of Texas
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2010

      --- On Wed, 3/10/10, PCH Electric of Texas <pchelectricoftexas@...> wrote:

      From: PCH Electric of Texas <pchelectricoftexas@...>
      Subject: RE: [hreg] Re: TX Bottle Bill
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 5:01 PM

      From: hreg@yahoogroups. com [mailto:hreg@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Ariel Thomann
      Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 11:44 AM
      To: hreg@yahoogroups. com
      Subject: [hreg] Re: TX Bottle Bill

      I'm all for it' have often wondered it's not happening already.
      Need $ome fact$, though: cost of running the centers vs profit for the State?  In other words, is it revenue positive?  If not it would become another tax.
      - We are all Human beings here together.  We have to help one another, since otherwise there is NO ONE who will help.
      - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic policy regarding non-renewable resources, starting with water.
      - Insurance companies are in the business of collecting premiums and denying benefits.  Let's boot their CEO's and lesser bureaucrats out of the health care system.

      I can also remember 10 cent bottle deposits as a kid in the mid 70s in San diego CA - thats how we used to get our spending money and yes there has been some inflation since then- I dont think 25 cents would be outrages at all-I also think more curb side recycling would help in other ways-some people just are not going to return bottle etc-but perhaps if made easy enough the would hold the bottle until they got home and toss it in a curb side recycle bin instead of chuckin it out the window- One thought aso would be recycle bins at fill up stations instead of just waste cans many people choose to empty there unwanted i tems there and all goes to the dump-