Residential solar lease program with TXU in Dallas area

  • joefidler
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2010
      I hadn't seen this posted to the Houston Renewable group so in case there is interest.  TXU up in Dallas has partnered with SolarCity to offer a lease or buy program for residential solar installs. This is in tandem with what I assume is a feed in tariff from Oncor to buy the electricity.

      Oncor offers a rebate of $2.46 a watt up to $24,600 for a residential solar installation. Funds are currently available to include about 400 homes in the program, according to TXU Energy.

      http://texasinstitute.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/02/a-utility-will-help-homeowners-go-solar.html

      Cheers, Joe Fidler.