Re: [hreg] "Bloom-Box" on 60 Minutes

  • Suresh Balachandran
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2010
      Ariel,

      Thanks for sharing this topic here. Bloom box seems to be a very interesting invention. It is already in operation at various locations such as Google Data center, Ebay etc. The founder KR is very optimistic of making it available to every home in 5-10yrs at $3K per unit. I personally look forward to that day when it can be reliable and affordable.

      KR mentioned in his interview that he originally developed the technology to produce oxygen in Mars while he was working for NASA on the Mars mission. The technology was successful but the mission was scraped. His new invention, the bloom box is a modification of that technology.

      Bloom energy is officially getting launched on Wednesday http://www.bloomenergy.com/ . This will be something to closely watch.

      Regards,
      Suresh

      On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 8:54 PM, Ariel Thomann <ajthomann@...> wrote:

      Folks, most of you are technically smarter than I am.  Did you see this on "60 Minutes" yesterday?  What do you think?  Too good to be true?
      http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6228923n&tag=contentBody;housing
      Peace
      Ariel
      - We are all Human beings here together.  We have to help one another, since otherwise there is NO ONE who will help.
      - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic policy regarding non-renewable resources, starting with water.
      - Insurance companies are in the business of collecting premiums and denying benefits.  Let's boot their CEO's and lesser bureaucrats out of the health care system.

      Regards,
      Suresh Balachandran
      Houston, TX
      Ph: 832 380 5489
      www.TheCelebrationTimes.com
      ****
      "Celebrate the little things in life, appreciate tomorrow, love your neighbor or don’t, but never condemn yourself to a life without cause to celebrate and be thankful for what you have. Never forget the people you love and love them when you have an occasion to do so. Celebrate their life and celebrate yours".  : An anonymous writer