RE: [hreg] LEED Interior Design?
Whether going for LEED cerification or just building 'green' our best advice is to have a written plan (a green checklist) and to hire good people.
10 Things Your Green Design Team Members Should Be
1. Friendly and Nice people – Life is too short!
2. Experienced in working with green building systems
3. Experienced in implementing new ideas
4. Experienced with team design efforts
5. Capable of providing clear construction details
6. Capable of grasping “the Devil in the Details"
7. Capable of helping you to cut your costs
8. Confident working around ‘cutting edges’ practices
9. Committed to sustainable and green practices
10. Capable of accurately defining their scope of work
11. Willing to play a supporting role to your vision
Gary Beck, P.E., SECB, LEED AP
Eco-Holdings Engineering Services
www.ecoegr.com & www.txegr.com
4010 Blue Bonnet Blvd. Ste 114, Houston, Texas 77025
Tel: 713-377-4209 Fax: 832-201-5338
Gary Beck is SECB certified in the practice of Structural Engineering, is a TDI Wind Storm program engineer and is a member of ASCE, GHBA, NAHB, USGBC, and ASHRAE. Eco provides Engineering, Consulting, and Inspection Services for Residential, Commercial, and Industrial projects. Eco's offers design use AutoCAD, Revit Structure and Revit MEP based 3D Building Information Modeling for foundations, structures, storm water systems, drainage plans, and detention ponds.
Grace Coffman has been through the ASID stuff. I don't know the details.
She did the master bathroom design on the hypothectical remodel I did on my site.
Realtor, Certified EcoBroker
Prudential Gary Greene, Realtors
On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 9:35 PM, deb lombard <debralombard@...> wrote:
Not exactly, there could be a LEED AP with specialty in Commercial interiors but they would not necessarily be a designer, it could be anyone that passed that test. You would want a certified ASID designer that's also a LEED AP for an actual designer.
What's the project?
--- On Tue, 2/16/10, Andrea Wisner <amwisner@...> wrote:
From: Andrea Wisner <amwisner@...>
Subject: [hreg] LEED Interior Design?
To: "HREG" <email@example.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 7:13 PM
I'm wondering if there's such thing as a LEED-certified interior designer. If so, please feel free to respond with your recommendations.