RE: [hreg] LEED Interior Design?

  • Gary Beck
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17, 2010

    Whether going for LEED cerification or just building 'green' our best advice is to have a written plan (a green checklist) and to hire good people.

    10 Things Your Green Design Team Members Should Be

    1.     Friendly and Nice people – Life is too short!

    2.     Experienced in working with green building systems

    3.     Experienced in implementing new ideas

    4.     Experienced with team design efforts

    5.     Capable of providing clear construction details

    6.     Capable of grasping “the Devil in the Details"

    7.     Capable of helping you to cut your costs

    8.     Confident working around ‘cutting edges’ practices

    9.     Committed to sustainable and green practices

    10.  Capable of accurately defining their scope of work

    11.  Willing to play a supporting role to your vision

    Gary Beck, P.E., SECB, LEED AP

    Eco-Holdings Engineering Services

    www.ecoegr.com & www.txegr.com

    4010 Blue Bonnet Blvd. Ste 114, Houston, Texas 77025

    Tel: 713-377-4209  Fax: 832-201-5338

    Gary Beck is SECB certified in the practice of Structural Engineering, is a TDI Wind Storm program engineer and is a member of ASCE, GHBA, NAHB, USGBC, and ASHRAE. Eco provides Engineering, Consulting, and Inspection Services for Residential, Commercial, and Industrial projects. Eco's offers design use AutoCAD, Revit Structure and Revit MEP based 3D Building Information Modeling for foundations, structures, storm water systems, drainage plans, and detention ponds.

    From: Andrea Wisner <amwisner@...>

    Subject: [hreg] LEED Interior Design?

    To: "HREG" <hreg@yahoogroups.com>
    Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 7:13 PM

    I'm wondering if there's such thing as a LEED-certified interior designer. If so, please feel free to respond with your recommendations.

    Thanks,

    Andrea