Re: [hreg] Re: AC Estimates

  • Mike and Barbara McGinity
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2010
      Our two double splits are 9,000 BTU, for a total of 18,000 for our not
      large house. I love being able to zone the house and just run the one in
      our bedroom at night. Our older house was not designed for central air
      so this was better than trying to put a system in, but since we can zone
      the house better, I like it much more. We have enough coverage that
      during the hottest weekends in August we often turn them all up to 80
      and are very comfortable.

      We put these in about 6 years and it was tough to find them. That is why
      I bought them from a company in New York shipped to the house. We found
      an AC guy who knew ONE person who had put one in a beauty shop. We have
      never had a problem. I think the instructions are pretty straight
      forward for an experienced AC person to do if they want. I do know one
      AC company who might be willing to install if anyone wants their number
      to discuss.

      Barbara McGinity