Solar Tour Director sought

  • mkewert@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2010
    HREG,
    Looking ahead to the 2010 Houston Solar Tour in October, HREG is seeking a volunteer Director to lead this year's effort.  Kathleen Reardon has done an outstanding job with it the last several years, but she would like a break this year.  So, I am sending this attached description of the Director duties to all of you with the hope that you or someone you know might be interested in the job.

    It is a big responsibility and it does take quite a bit of time, but it is also very rewarding and educational.  There is a possibility for some partial compensation for your time, but you really have to think of it as a volunteer position.  If you are interested in interviewing for the job, please let Kathleen or myself know.

    Thank you very much,
    Mike
    mkewert@...

  • Rachel
    Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2010
      Mike, Kathleen, and the Houston Renewable Energy Group,

      Hi, my name is Rachel Shiozaki I work with Environment Texas, which as you may know, is a citizen based environmental advocacy organization. Environment Texas has helped to pass legislation that has led to Texas becoming the national leader in wind power and helped to pass a major energy efficiency bill in 2007.

      In a little over a week, Environment Texas and the Go Solar Texas Coalition (comprised of local business leaders, elected officials, and environmental organizations) will be holding a press conference calling for more solar power generation here in Texas.

      Considering that HREG is renowned for its renewable energy work and Houston Solar Tour, I was wondering if someone would be able to help me find a location for our press conference.

      The city of Houston has consistently demonstrated its support for solar energy, as evident by its numerous solar installations, almost all of which have been spotlighted on the solar tour. And it's leadership like yours that not only shows the people of Houston that Texas has the potential to become a world leader in solar power, but by using these existing technologies you are helping to support a clean, reliable, and independent energy future. It's time for Houston to follow in your footsteps and start making practical energy and economic decisions that are also good for the environment!

      Again, we would love to hold this event at one of your solar locations (residential, commercial, industrial, or public/government) to highlight the important steps that the city is taking. I would like to be in further contact with you about this matter and meet with you in person.

      Best,
      Rachel

      Rachel Shiozaki
      Go Solar Organizer