Are There Any RE Projects going on?

  • marlania_g
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 14, 2010
      Hello I'm new to this group and I have just started my jounary into the world of Renewable Energy. I come with a willingness to learn and work, I'm a married mother of two and the whole family is excited about reusing and recycling. However we are trying to be a more active family in this RE world. We were wondering if there are any projects going on around town that needed a few extra hands? I can answer a phone and take a message with the best of them...lol If not then I would love to know about any RE infromation sources any one might have.
      Thank you for taking time to read my little note hope you have a extraordinaryly Blessed Day

      Thank you
      Marlania
    • evelyn sardina
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 14, 2010
        Welcome to the group. We are happy to have you!

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 14, 2010
          Thank you very much, Evelyn! I'm excited about joining this group and talking about RE.

          I believe that 'things happen' when a market is created. I was in the business world, mostly IT solutions, for several decades and nearing retirement age, but I am so charged. This year, after the presidential election, I felt that it was a good time to gear back up and start a new business in the 'green industry.' My wife is a Math Professor and we're doing fine, but I really wanted to get active again. Attending several local product shows, I kept running across a funny-looking gadget called a 'solar powered attic ventilation fan.' Bingo!

          Thinking about the problems generated when an attic gets too hot and humid, I felt that this would be a product that almost every home needs. What could be better, after all, than using the sun to draw out the air it had heated up? It seemed like such a natural. I was later to learn that only the higher-wattage fans offered real help.

          Providing adequate attic ventilation - which is recycling the air at least ten times per hour on a warm day, is essential to keeping moisture and high heat at a minimum level. And adequate attic ventilation can lower AC bills by 20-30 %, help preserve attic-based equipment, and even make the home more comfortable - plus it qualifies for the Federally funded 30% tax credit!

          If any of you are interested in joining me on this noble quest, whether as a dealer selling to homeowners or as a manufacturer's representative selling to dealers, please get in touch.

          We can all help out, whether recycling, lowering energy use, or even volunteering, but when the market is used in a responsible way, nothing works better.

          Ron Foster - President
          Solar Panels of America

          --
          Ron Foster – President