Cob Oven Workshop @ The Bone House!!!

  • David
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2010
      Type: Education - Workshop
      Network: Global
      Date: Sunday, March 28, 2010
      Time: 10:00am - 6:00pm
      Location: The Bone House, 2017 Avenue N, Huntsville, TX.

      Hey guys, David here with New Jura Natural Building. I am pleased to announce our first cob workshop of the new year!!!

      In collaboration with Dan Phillips and The Phoenix Commotion, we will be holding a cob oven workshop March 28th in Huntsville Texas at the world famous Bone House.

      Earthen ovens are simple, low-cost and fun to build. Ideal for baking bread and pizza, earthen ovens are beautiful as well as functional, making wonderful additions to any home garden or patio.

      We will get started at 10am and go through some preliminary cob philosophy as well as some history.

      At around 1pm we will break for lunch, I will be serving a delicious vegetarian meal, something simple and light to keep you full of energy and not bogged down.

      A handmade salad and some grains and legumes.
      You are more than welcome to bring your own lunches or to go grab a lunch.

      We will resume the cob oven at around 2ish.

      In this workshop you will learn how to build a cob oven and then fire it when finished.

      Dress to get dirty, wear shoes that you don't mind getting trashed.

      The price for this event is $100 per participating adult, the deadline for registering is March 21st. We are taking registration fees by PayPal -

      Please send payment to Scoobysnaxx2@... and I will verify on receipt with a return email.

      We will have some fun activities for any children that attend such as making adobe blocks and cob sculptures.

      Peace to all and hope to see you there!!

      Contact:
      David Reed - David@...
      Kristie/Phoenix Commotion - pravatar@... - 936-661-3446