Re: [hreg] Re: Fw: What if it's a Hoax??

  • Stephanie Edwards-Musa
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2010
      I think the argument as to whether or not global warming in the sense that it is discussed politically is true or not is completely taking away from the issue.

      Trash does no one any good in a huge pile at a landfill.

      Using too much energy is costly and stupid.

      If there is free, renewable energy we should use it, right?

      Water is a resource that can run out, so why not conserve.  It's stupid to waste it.

      Chemicals are bad.  No one argues that.

      It doesn't matter which way you put it or what environmental topic is brought up, environmental discussions are silly when discussed in the sense of whether or not its worth it.  That's my opinion anyhow.

      Stephanie Edwards-Musa
      Realtor, Certified EcoBroker
      Mobile:  281-635-9444
      Prudential Gary Greene, Realtors
      www.TurningHoustonGreen.com
      Steph@...

      On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Alyssa Burgin <aburgin4peace@...> wrote:

      There would be a big difference between what the anti-science zealots
      cry out, that "it's a hoax", as opposed to simply, the data does not
      support the hypothesis.

      The idea of it truly being a hoax is ludicrous. The idea that
      scientists and researchers have colluded, and that satellite studies
      and simple observations have all been faked, is beyond reason.

      "The Truth is out there," and it's not really that hard to see. CO2
      was recognized as a problem decades ago, and some scientists were
      predicting that CO2 would cause precisely this kind of damage in the
      1950's--I've seen a clip of a popular tv show on which a scientist
      appeared, to tell, essentially, the story of what has happened to us
      in the last fifty years.

      Alyssa Burgin