Fw: What if it's a Hoax??

  • evelyn sardina
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2010

      --- On Tue, 1/5/10, Pebbaranski@... <Pebbaranski@...> wrote:

      From: Pebbaranski@... <Pebbaranski@...>
      Subject: What if it's a Hoax??
      To: Pebbaranski@...
      Date: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 5:27 PM

        .

    • Alyssa Burgin
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2010
      • 1 Attachment
      • 40 KB
      That's really good, Evelyn. Thanks.

      Alyssa Burgin

      -- Sent from my Palm Prē

      evelyn sardina wrote:

      --- On Tue, 1/5/10, Pebbaranski@... <Pebbaranski@...> wrote:

      From: Pebbaranski@... <Pebbaranski@...>
      To: Pebbaranski@...
      Date: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 5:27 PM

        .

    • Jay
      Message 3 of 5 , Jan 6, 2010
        I think the truth is important for it's own reasons and I would not be willing to compromise it. I would not be willing to compromise my integrity either, for that matter.

        Knowing the truth also helps us prioritize our tasks. If CO2 is not a problem, or if it is not a serious problem, then you can refocus your time, money, and energy on things that are.

        The question is not "should we build a better world", but "which step towards a better world should we take first". The answer depends vitally on having actual facts.

        Any process which considers the truth unimportant is not a process you should trust.

> [...]
      • Alyssa Burgin
        Message 4 of 5 , Jan 6, 2010
          There would be a big difference between what the anti-science zealots
          cry out, that "it's a hoax", as opposed to simply, the data does not
          support the hypothesis.

          The idea of it truly being a hoax is ludicrous. The idea that
          scientists and researchers have colluded, and that satellite studies
          and simple observations have all been faked, is beyond reason.

          "The Truth is out there," and it's not really that hard to see. CO2
          was recognized as a problem decades ago, and some scientists were
          predicting that CO2 would cause precisely this kind of damage in the
          1950's--I've seen a clip of a popular tv show on which a scientist
          appeared, to tell, essentially, the story of what has happened to us
          in the last fifty years.

          Alyssa Burgin

          On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 9:34 AM, Jay <txses@...> wrote:
          > I think the truth is important for it's own reasons and I would not be willing to compromise it.  I would not be willing to compromise my integrity either, for that matter.
          >
          > Knowing the truth also helps us prioritize our tasks.  If CO2 is not a problem, or if it is not a serious problem, then you can refocus your time, money, and energy on things that are.
          >
          > The question is not "should we build a better world", but "which step towards a better world should we take first".  The answer depends vitally on having actual facts.
          >
          > Any process which considers the truth unimportant is not a process you should trust.

        • Stephanie Edwards-Musa
          Message 5 of 5 , Jan 6, 2010
            I think the argument as to whether or not global warming in the sense that it is discussed politically is true or not is completely taking away from the issue.

            Trash does no one any good in a huge pile at a landfill.

            Using too much energy is costly and stupid.

            If there is free, renewable energy we should use it, right?

            Water is a resource that can run out, so why not conserve.  It's stupid to waste it.

            Chemicals are bad.  No one argues that.

            It doesn't matter which way you put it or what environmental topic is brought up, environmental discussions are silly when discussed in the sense of whether or not its worth it.  That's my opinion anyhow.

            Stephanie Edwards-Musa
            Realtor, Certified EcoBroker
            Mobile:  281-635-9444
            Prudential Gary Greene, Realtors