Tobacco and climate change?

  • stangfam2005
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2009
      As I am an avid weather-watcher, I keep eyes on all sorts of things going on. From the drought in Venezuela, to the flooding rains in the UK that necessitated water rescues like you would see in the southwest/southeastern US. I ran across this story, the meteorologist I use to watch tropical weather throughout the year. His article really clarifies the depth of greed and mis-information the general public is exposed to.
      http://www.wunde rground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1389

      "Manufactured doubt," is what we have been dealt with ever since I was a kid (that was a long time ago). Some of this has gone too far, here we are trying to teach our children that we live in a system and a finite one at that. Now we have to explain why CO2 is good for the Earth? Come on, we might as well go out and get them( the kids)a carton of Lucky Strikes to go with what they are spooning out.
      http://www.co2isgreen.org/default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

      I think I'm going to be ill!!
      Bill
    • Alyssa Burgin
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 29, 2009
        This is excellent material. I've opted to include them in information I am handing out. Thank you very much,

        Alyssa Burgin

        On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 1:09 PM, stangfam2005 <stangfam@...> wrote:
[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           hreg-digest@yahoogroups.com
           hreg-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Tyra Rankin
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 29, 2009

          Bill:

          Thank you for a great article.

          This 2008 Frontline documentary, Heat, covers some of the same dis-information groups.

           http://video.pbs.org/video/994540147/

          Tyra