Gulf Coast Green - Speakers Proposal Deadline EXTENDED

  • Filo Castore
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2009
      Speakers submit now! DEADLINE EXTENDED to Dec 14 2009 - 11.59pm CST

      Gulf Coast Green 2010 seeks presenters from architecture, interiors, planning, engineering, contracting, education, energy analysis and other building-related professions for its April event relevant to the conference theme:

      Gulf Coast Green 2010: Reframing our Built Environment.

      Geared toward attendees with an intermediate to high level of knowledge about building sustainability issues, GCG seeks presentations relevant to the session tracks listed below:

      • The Business of Green. Speakers in this track will explore economic opportunities in the sustainability movement. Topics may include job creation, the marketing of green building products and services, and return on investment for green strategies.

      • Renovating the Future. Upgrades to existing buildings and interiors are especially critical to reducing the carbon footprint of our industry. Speakers in this track will discuss strategies that work for health, energy savings, material resources, and economic payback.

      • Geography of Change. Project location and site design have become more critical than ever with changes to LEED and to local ordinances. Speakers in this track will address land analysis, planning, design, management, preservation, and rehabilitation for the health of people and ecosystems.

      Action Item Deadline
      Online Proposals Accepted November 2 — December 14, 2009
      Presenters Selected and Notified January 2009
      Presenters Announced January 30, 2010

      With an average of 500 professional attendees in 2008/2009, the Gulf Coast Green Symposium has proven to be the leading green building conference in the Gulf Coast region. 2010 is a two-day symposium on sustainable building targeted toward design and construction professionals. A Green Building Expo featuring certified green building products & materials will be open to attendees concurrently with the symposium. Registration for the event scheduled for April 15-16, 2010, opens in January, 2010.

      Proposal guidelines, track descriptions and submittal instructions will be online as of November 2nd at www.gulfcoastgreen.org and follow the speaker link.

      Online applications only — submittals accepted November 2nd through December 14th.

      Visit www.gulfcoastgreen.org to sign up for our newsletter or email info@... with questions or for information on sponsorship opportunities.

      Filo Castore, AIA, LEED AP

      Associate Principal
      Director of Architecture and Sustainability

      HOUSTON, TEXAS 77046
      O: 713.622.8899
      D: 713.574.9565
      M: 713.569.6249
      F: 713.622.5655

      We invite you to take a tour of our new website at:

      please consider the environment before printing this e-mail