Re: [hreg] FW: Tell EPA to Stop the Texas Coal Rush

  • mkewert@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 14 12:48 PM
      I appreciate that you are being practical and I agree that we have to look at the economics.  But as Tyra pointed out very well, we also have to push things away from business as usual.  How clean are coal plants required to be in Texas now?  I'm curious; I really don't know.  I'm sure it's better than the old ones, but I know there is no limit on CO2 emissions yet.

      As for what renewables and efficiency can realistically do (given favorable policies that level the playing field with coal), a very good source is the ASES report on climate change.