Re: [hreg] Re: Do it yourself Solar Panels

  • offgridhomesteading.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 6, 2009
      Thank you for your thoughtful reply and I am glad that you are heavy into DIY because real innovations come from people like us that tinker and find new ways to do things without millions of dollars of grant money to chunk around, I have decided that I will be a part of this group but I will just lurk and see what I see, I applaud you for your DIY and hope that you keep it up.

      David
      OffGridHomesteading.com

      Living off the GRID in Texas

      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 6, 2009
        I would hardly call pv panels made by Sharp, Kyocera, BP and SolarWorld crap.  They come with a 25 year warranty, and are designed to last 50 years or more.

        They are constructed of high grade materials that aren't even available to the average homeowner.  They have been engineered and manufactured to standards based on 25 or more years of manufacturing experience and field installations.

        For my dollar, I want the benefit of their knowledge, experience and manufacturing economies of scale.

        Even after tens of thousands of systems, I cannot remember a single failure due to a defective module.

        Regardless of cost, they are definitely not crap.

        Kevin Conlin
        Heliosolar Design, Inc.
        13534 Quetzal Lane
        Houston, TX 77083
        C:  (281) 202-9629
        H:  (281) 530-7501
        F:  (281) 530-7501

        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 6, 2009
          David, if your intention is to get people emotional and to become defensive, you are very successful. If it is to get people on your side and support you, you are failing. You might want to evaluating how you say things and try to be a little kinder and gentler. That is the Texas way I learned growing up.

          Quit attacking people. Maybe support your self with technical knowledge...

          I don't know you, but first impressions are lasting impressions.

          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 6, 2009
            well Neldon, I am not looking for anything, but what I have found tells me alot, thank you for your reply.

            David
            OffGridHomesteading.com

            Living off the GRID in Texas