Re: [hreg] Film Showing -- Houston, We have a Problem

  • evelyn sardina
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2009
      I went to the site but could not find a list of local showings. Can you enlighten me?

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2009

        Not sure what else you are looking for.  The complete listing is below, including the time and date (Sunday, Nov. 8, 6:30 pm).  It is at the Rice Media Center.  The link I sent provides further details on the cost, location, etc.  It is being shown within the context of a larger UN Film Festival on the Rice campus.

        Robert

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 5, 2009
          The movie is great, a must see. Houston based wildcaters.

          --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Johnston" <junk1@...> wrote:

          > A UN film festival was recently brought to my attention. See the link for
          > complete details. The listing below is for this coming Sunday (Nov. 8).
          >

          > http://www.unahouston.org/film-selections/sunday-nov-8th
          >

          > 6:30-8:30pm - HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM:
          > 6:30-8:30pm - LIFE, LIBERTY & THE PURSUIT OF CHEAP ENERGY (USA)
          >
          > Take a look inside the energy capital of the world to see the truths about
          > oil, from Texas oilmen themselves. For decades politicians have decried our
          > addition to foreign oil, yet US energy policy has stayed largely defensive
          > with little focus on sustainability. Now in the face of growing competition
          > for oil, new forms of Wildcatting in alternatives have emerged. And many
          > within the industry are starting to realize we must change, advising that it
          > is going to take everything to meet America's future energy needs. Director:
          > Nicole Torre - Producers: Nicole Torre, Eric Mofford (83 minutes)
          >
          > With Shorts:
          > . Galapagos Evolving (Ecuador/USA) Director/Producer: Michele Zaccheo
          > . One of the Last (Italy) Director: Paul Zinder, Producer: Maurizio
          > Marmorstein and Paul Zinder

        • betina wolfowicz
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 7, 2009
            the movie sounds interesting.  I plan on going.  I would love to see you there Evelyn.  Also, at 3 or 3:30 there is one about linguistics that looks good, but I do not think I can make that one.  Betina