Film Showing -- Houston, We have a Problem

  • Robert Johnston
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2009

      A UN film festival was recently brought to my attention.  See the link for complete details.  The listing below is for this coming Sunday (Nov. 8).

      http://www.unahouston.org/film-selections/sunday-nov-8th

      6:30-8:30pm - HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM:
      6:30-8:30pm - LIFE, LIBERTY & THE PURSUIT OF CHEAP ENERGY (USA)

      Take a look inside the energy capital of the world to see the truths about oil, from Texas oilmen themselves. For decades politicians have decried our addition to foreign oil, yet US energy policy has stayed largely defensive with little focus on sustainability. Now in the face of growing competition for oil, new forms of Wildcatting in alternatives have emerged. And many within the industry are starting to realize we must change, advising that it is going to take everything to meet America’s future energy needs. Director:  Nicole Torre - Producers:  Nicole Torre, Eric Mofford (83 minutes)

      With Shorts:
      • Galapagos Evolving (
      Ecuador/USA) Director/Producer: Michele Zaccheo
      One of the Last (Italy)
      Director: Paul Zinder, Producer: Maurizio Marmorstein and Paul Zinder

    • evelyn sardina
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2009
        I went to the site but could not find a list of local showings. Can you enlighten me?

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 2009

          Not sure what else you are looking for.  The complete listing is below, including the time and date (Sunday, Nov. 8, 6:30 pm).  It is at the Rice Media Center.  The link I sent provides further details on the cost, location, etc.  It is being shown within the context of a larger UN Film Festival on the Rice campus.

          Robert

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 5, 2009
            The movie is great, a must see. Houston based wildcaters.

            --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Johnston" <junk1@...> wrote:

            > A UN film festival was recently brought to my attention. See the link for
            > complete details. The listing below is for this coming Sunday (Nov. 8).
            >

            > http://www.unahouston.org/film-selections/sunday-nov-8th
            >

            > 6:30-8:30pm - HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM:
            > 6:30-8:30pm - LIFE, LIBERTY & THE PURSUIT OF CHEAP ENERGY (USA)
            >
            > Take a look inside the energy capital of the world to see the truths about
            > oil, from Texas oilmen themselves. For decades politicians have decried our
            > addition to foreign oil, yet US energy policy has stayed largely defensive
            > with little focus on sustainability. Now in the face of growing competition
            > for oil, new forms of Wildcatting in alternatives have emerged. And many
            > within the industry are starting to realize we must change, advising that it
            > is going to take everything to meet America's future energy needs. Director:
            > Nicole Torre - Producers: Nicole Torre, Eric Mofford (83 minutes)
            >
            > With Shorts:
            > . Galapagos Evolving (Ecuador/USA) Director/Producer: Michele Zaccheo
            > . One of the Last (Italy) Director: Paul Zinder, Producer: Maurizio
            > Marmorstein and Paul Zinder

          • betina wolfowicz
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 7, 2009
              the movie sounds interesting.  I plan on going.  I would love to see you there Evelyn.  Also, at 3 or 3:30 there is one about linguistics that looks good, but I do not think I can make that one.  Betina