Next HREG Event - NEW DATE - December 7

  • MichaelE
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 22, 2009
      Dr. Hansen's talk has been rescheduled; therefore, so has our next HREG event.

      HREG will NOT have a regular meeting at the library this Sunday. Instead, we will be taking advantage of a great speaker coming to town for our next event. Dr. James Hansen of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies will be speaking at the Wortham Center at 7:30pm on Monday December 7th and we invite you to join us there.

      ** You do have to purchase your own tickets. For details see:
      http://www.progressiveforumhouston.org/

      Dr. Hansen was the first to create broad awareness of global warming in his Congressional testimonies in the 1980s. His research has made us aware that the safe level of atmospheric C02 is 350 ppm (parts per million) and must be returned to below that level over time. The current CO2 concentration is 387 ppm and rising steadily. Since Renewable Energy is the biggest part of the solution to this global problem, it is important for us to be educated on the subject.

      ** Social Afterward
      For anyone interested, gather in the lobby after the talk and we'll head across the street to the Hard Rock Cafe for dessert and discussion.

      See you there!
    • MichaelE
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2009
        Remember Dr. Hansen's talk on Climate Change tomorrow night at 7:30 and HREG's social after. Let's gather in the lobby right after the program and walk over to Hard Rock Cafe together. It looks like tickets at $24 and above are still available. See the website below.

        I hope to see you there.
        Mike

        --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "MichaelE" <mkewert@...> wrote:

        > Dr. Hansen's talk has been rescheduled; therefore, so has our next HREG event.
        >
        > HREG will NOT have a regular meeting at the library this Sunday. Instead, we will be taking advantage of a great speaker coming to town for our next event. Dr. James Hansen of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies will be speaking at the Wortham Center at 7:30pm on Monday December 7th and we invite you to join us there.
        >
        > ** You do have to purchase your own tickets. For details see:
        > http://www.progressiveforumhouston.org/
        >
        > Dr. Hansen was the first to create broad awareness of global warming in his Congressional testimonies in the 1980s. His research has made us aware that the safe level of atmospheric C02 is 350 ppm (parts per million) and must be returned to below that level over time. The current CO2 concentration is 387 ppm and rising steadily. Since Renewable Energy is the biggest part of the solution to this global problem, it is important for us to be educated on the subject.
        >
        > ** Social Afterward
        > For anyone interested, gather in the lobby after the talk and we'll head across the street to the Hard Rock Cafe for dessert and discussion.
        >
        > See you there!

      • Pat McLeod
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2009
          Does he actually believe in it?

          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          From: "MichaelE" <mkewert@...>
          Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 02:35:53 -0000
          To: <hreg@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: [hreg] Re: Next HREG Event - NEW DATE - December 7

        • mkewert@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 6, 2009
            Since he has been researching it, modeling it and talking about it for 30 years, I'd say 'yes'.