Next HREG Event - October 29th

  • MichaelE
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2009
      HREG will NOT have a regular meeting at the library next Sunday. Instead, we will be taking advantage of a great speaker coming to town for our next event. Dr. James Hansen of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies will be speaking at the Wortham Center at 7:30pm on Thursday October 29th and we invite you to join us there.

      ** You do have to purchase your own tickets. For details see:
      http://www.progressiveforumhouston.org/

      Dr. Hansen was the first to create broad awareness of global warming in his Congressional testimonies in the 1980s. His research has made us aware that the safe level of atmospheric C02 is 350 ppm (parts per million) and must be returned to below that level over time. The current CO2 concentration is 387 ppm and rising steadily. Since Renewable Energy is the biggest part of the solution to this global problem, it is important for us to be educated on the subject.

      ** Social Afterward
      For anyone interested, gather in the lobby after the talk and we'll head across the street to the Hard Rock Cafe for dessert and discussion.

      See you there!