Re: [hreg] Questions for any LEED AP certified HREG members out there

  • tstranger@garlandind.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 23 2:42 PM
    I took a study class through USGBC at the end of last year, and then I took
    another one through a local architectural firm, BNIM. Catherine Callaway
    was the instructor for the second one and I truly learned a lot. The
    classes were indeed expensive, but I passed the "old school" test on the
    first try.
    Good luck!
    ty

    Ty Stranger-Thorsen, LEED® AP
    Houston, TX
    The Garland Company, Inc.
    www.garlandco.com
    c 281-989-1740
    f 281-754-4550

    [hreg] Questions for any LEED AP certified HREG members out there

    mccrowhurst
    to:
    hreg
    09/23/2009 02:16 PM

    Sent by:
    hreg@yahoogroups.com
    Please respond to hreg

    Hello:

    I'm trying to get some questions answered about the LEED AP certification
    process and I figured there might be some LEED AP certified people who
    belong to the HREG group.

    If you are LEED AP certified and able to provide some feedback to the
    following questions, please post a reply (you can either reply to the
    group, or simply reply to me individually... either one is fine with me).

    Questions:
    1) Now that the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) has changed
    up the certification exams to include mutiple "tiers" of certifications
    (e.g. the new "Green Associate" Tier 1 certification), I'm wondering what
    might be the best method to prepare for the exams. I found a website (
    http://www.greenexamprep.com) that can provide a study guide, a set of
    flash cards, and up to four online practice exams for a flat rate (I forget
    how much it is off the top of my head). Do any of you have experience with
    this particular company, and are their study guides and related materials
    worth the cost?

    2) The GBCI has a series of training seminars that supposedly prepare
    people for the exams, but they are very expensive (e.g. there's a Level 200
    "LEED Core Concepts and Strategies" course coming up next month in
    Houston... this one-day course is $345 for USGBC members and $445 for
    non-members). Are these preperation courses worth the money, or can one
    successfully prepare for the LEED exams through self-study methods?

    Please reply if you can answer these questions, or if you have any other
    input/feedback re: the LEED AP certification process.

    Thanks, in advance!

    Regards,
    M. Chad Crowhurst
    mccrowhurst@...

    NOTE: THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL TRANSMISSION CONTAINS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION INTENDED FOR THE PERSON(S) NAMED. ANY USE, DISTRIBUTION, COPYING, OR DISCLOSURE OF THIS INFORMATION TO ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
  • Christy Hitchens
    Message 2 of 7 , Sep 24 10:56 AM
      You also now need to show you were listed as a member of a green
      building project in the last 3 years for the nre LEED AP exam.

      Sent from my iPhone