[hreg] Re: HREG Logo

  • ChasMauch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2000
      Hello Mike and Fellow HREGers,
      Sorry to be so long getting back on this but been kinda swamped. Finally
      spoke with Alison Dodson, Exec. Dir. of the Citizen's Environmental
      Coalition, about HREG becoming a member of CEC. I think I told you all
      previously that she had sent me some forms asking for quite a bit of stuff
      that we don't have, such as:
      Copy of our Purpose or Mission Statement;
      Proof of non-profit status;
      List of members of board of directors
      I explained our status as a sort of informal club or whatever and told her
      that we plan to become (or maybe already are?) a local chapter of the TxSES.
      She said that would work fine. What we basically need to do is to change our
      name to the Texas Solar Energy Society, Local Chapter. Then we could provide
      a copy of the TxSES by-laws which should contain their purpose or mission
      statement, their 501c3 status letter, and a listing of the members of their
      board of directors.
      I think we need to go ahead and do this. As previously stated, there are
      advantages to being affiliated with the TxSES and a member of CEC. We would
      be listed in their directory and their newsletter and would have a seat on
      the environmental roundtable which I volunteered to do unless someone else
      wants to.
      Let me know what you all think, and we probably need to check with TxSES too.
      Charlie Mauch