Re: the "Fuel" film

  • M. Chad Crowhurst
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2009
      I've known about this movie/documentary for about six months... I think it's already showing in some theaters, but it's not showing in wide release.

      Here's the official website for the film:

      There's a two-minute clip that you can watch on the website. It's a small independent film, and it quite possibly could become the "An Inconvenient Truth" of 2009... but the popularity of the film is still minimal. It's going to take people like us to spread the word about it. As word-of-mouth begins to spread... the popularity of the film will grow (and that's when local theater chains like AMC and Cinemark will begin to think, "Hey, maybe we can make some money out of the deal if we show this film." I'm not sure when the "Fuel" tour is coming to the Houston area, but I'm sure the information can be found on the website.

      This film won a "Best Documentary - Audience Award" at the Sundance Film Festival (not sure which year it won). Josh Tickell is the man behind the film and it's based on his book, Biodiesel America, which was originally published in February 2006.

      Regards,
      M. Chad Crowhurst