Solar installation incentives

  • dbswann4
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2009
      Besides the federal 30% rebate on a solar installation (PV) are there others that are available in the Houston area?
      Thanks, Bill S
    • justin@gulfcoastrenewableresources.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2009
        I'm not sure about the actual city of Houston, but I don't think so. The State of Texas offers a tax exemption on increase in property value once a RE system is installed. Green Mountain Energy also offers an incentive if you are enrolled in their special renewable energy program.

        Go to www.dsireusa.org for a listing of all state and federal incentives pertaining to renewable energy and energy efficiency.

        Justin Owens
        Gulf Coast Renewable Resources
        (409)766-0208