Re: [hreg] Placemetn of Batteries in an Attic

  • Steven Shepard
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 5 1:21 PM
      Um, this sounds insane.  Not something I would do.

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 5 9:18 PM
        Hi Philip,

        I was in battery industry for 20+ years. The number one cause of battery failure is heat related; especially in the Southern half of the USA. With attic temperatures exceeding 120F regularly, I would keep batteries stored lower to the ground. The ideal temperature ranges for maximum performance for batteries is between 65-75 degrees. Batteries stored in these hot attics can lose up to 20-25% of its serviceable life.

        ray

        --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Steven Shepard <sbtdesigns@...> wrote:

        > Um, this sounds insane.  Not something I would do.

      • Philip Timmons
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 7 4:03 PM
          To everyone who responded on this thread --

          Thanks so much.

          I put this question on both the North Texas and Houston Groups and got a ton of answers that all mapped about the same --

          No Go List:

          Heat
          Site Damage
          Weight on structure
          Code issues
          Service
          Possible Toxic

          Go List:

          Not one good thing to say.  :)

          So the guy looked these over, and I am pretty sure is not going to try this, now.

          So Thanks Again!

          Phil Timmons

        • Kevin Conlin
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 7 11:10 PM
            For once the response was unanimous........:-)

            Kevin Conlin
            Heliosolar Design, Inc.
            13534 Quetzal Lane
            Houston, TX 77083
            C:  (281) 202-9629
            H:  (281) 530-7501
            F:  (281) 530-7501

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 8 10:02 AM

              Yet another child saved from the dreaded BOH syndrome.

              And this done in the natural green way without the use of the soon to be FDA approved BOH-Sil* purple pill (*disclaimers may apply).

              Way to go HREG!

              *BOH-Sil is for curing the recently identified Battery-On-Head syndrome and similar ailments. BOH-Sil chemical and or drug content is subject to change without notice; BOH-Sil is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied; user assumes full liabilities for user and for BOH-Sil producer, distributor, dealer, and reseller; not liable for damages due to use or misuse;  no animals were used to test BOH-Sils; no salt, MSG, preservatives, artificial color or flavor added; if ingested, induce vomiting, if vomiting does not persist, consult a doctor. BOH-Sil packaging should be dry cleaned only; do not bend, fold, cut, gring, torch, water-jet, rip, open or mutilate BOH-Sil packaging; Keep away from pets but give to small iritating children; you need not be mentally present to win; some semi-safe chemical assembly required; BOH-Sil required helmet is not included; BOH action figures sold separately; BOH-Sils were packed full, contents may have settled during mailing; sanitized, pestisided, irradiated, pressurized, and then re-sealed for your protection; Safety seals are used on 50% of all packages, Do not use if safety seal is broken or not there at all; do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment slowly; safety goggles may be required during use due to less common 'laser-eye' side effect; call before you dig in your neighbors yard; use only with proper ventilation when rebreathing apparatus is required; for external use when internal use doen't work; if a swelling, redness, rash, or irritation develops, and you don't discontinue use you totally deserve a swelling, redness, rash, or irritation; Do not place near a flammable or magnetic or fisionable source; keep away from open flames or closed flames; avoid re-inhaling fumes after BHO-Sil use; smoking when using BOH-Sils may be hazardous to your health due to offgas toxicity and flamability; BOH-Sil contents might be packaged under extreme under pressure, may explode if incinerated, shaken, or stored upright or on left side; limit one-BOH-event-per-green-family please; no money down; no purchase necessary; ask us about our Guns-for-BOH-Sils and Clunkers-for-BOH-Sil trade-in plans; All BOH-Sil advertisement text is made from 100% recycled electrons and magnetic particles and as such consists solely as visible light or the lack visible light, and should not be confused with common and minor near death BOH-Sil side effect of wanting to walk into the light.

            • justin@gulfcoastrenewableresources.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 8 11:47 AM
                Love the disclaimer!

                Justin Owens