RE: [hreg] [Fwd: The Truth About America's Energy Needs]

  • Dan S.
    Message 1 of 42 , Apr 2, 2001
      Mr Bell and I must have ben thinking the same thing, As I too just purchased
      4 of the "60 watt" flourescents from Home Depot. My wife kept complaining
      about the amount of heat that the 60 watt incandescent bulbs produced in the
      small bathroom located under the stars. After installing two if the
      flourescent bulbs, the bathroom no longer heats up. It will take a little
      while to get used to the way the bulbs cum up to full brightness, but that
      is more than offset but how cool the bathroom is now. She has already set
      out to try to figure out how to modify the lamps in the bedroom to use the
      flourescent bulbs. She is so pleased with them that she is already talking
      about replacing the ones in the kitchen and livingroom. I think she will be
      more than pleased when she sees the electric bill going down.

      Dan Stuettgen

      Message 42 of 42 , Apr 12, 2001
        Re: [hreg] Earth Day 2002
        Having been a RG reseller, Local Pro and stock holder in the past I think if more people knew what is going on with this company they would be less inclined to conduct business with them.

        Recently RG elected to sell out to a large corporation in Ohio.  Some of the terms of that deal were that the wholesale program for regional dealers and Local Pros was eliminated, stockholders were compensated at a ten to one loss and Schaeffer got to keep the Solar Living Center as his own little non-profit toy.  Not to mention the massive layoffs that occurred at RG when the catalog operations were shifted to Ohio.

        Real Goods is not the warm, fuzzy company that they have successfully managed to convince the general public they are.  This is yet another cold, calculating corporation that does not hesitate to screw associates, employees and investors to achieve single minded objectives.  To anyone who thinks this company is a Earth friendly, green, sustainable business I hope they soon understand this is not the case.

        SBT Designs
        25840 IH-10 West #1
        Boerne, Texas 78006
        210-698-7109