Re: [hreg] Introducing myself (and a question about NABCEP certification)

  • tstranger@garlandind.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2009
    Welcome to the group!
    The information you find here will certainly be useful, and you can lurk
    (like I tend to do) or jump right into the discussions. Either way I'm sure
    you'll be informed.
    Good luck with the new career direction.
    ty

    Ty Stranger-Thorsen, LEED® AP
    Houston, TX
    The Garland Company, Inc.
    www.garlandco.com
    c 281-989-1740
    f 281-754-4550

    [hreg] Introducing myself (and a question about NABCEP certification)

    mccrowhurst
    to:
    hreg
    07/31/2009 03:39 PM

    Sent by:
    hreg@yahoogroups.com
    Please respond to hreg

    Hello, HREG:

    I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to the group. My name is
    Chad Crowhurst and I live in the Clear Lake area of Houston. I established
    contact with Mike Ewert earlier this week, shortly after I discovered the
    fact that I missed a quarterly group meeting last Sunday, and he invited me
    to join the HREG group on Yahoo. I hope to meet, and begin networking with,
    other people who have similar interests in renewable energy and
    environmental sustainability.

    I am searching for work right now, and have been for quite some time (I
    guess you could say that I'm "unemployed by choice" for the time being). I
    want to take my career in a whole new direction
    and I am attempting to network with business professionals who have
    established careers in renewable energy or the alternative fuels industry.
    This industry fascinates me because I firmly believe in the importance of
    environmental stewardship and minimizing our country's dependence on fossil
    fuels to supply our energy needs. I'm currently targeting my job search
    towards organizations that value and promote sustainability, natural
    resource conservation, and/or energy independence. I have been interested
    in environmental initiatives for many years and I have been actively
    searching for career opportunities in the relatively young "green industry"
    since the beginning of 2008.

    All of this leads me to a question that I've been trying to get an answer
    to for the last few months. As I've been networking with people in the
    industry, I've been hearing more and more about NABCEP certification. I
    know this is a certification that PV companies want their people to have,
    but what I'd like to find out is whether or not this certification is ONLY
    for those people who actually do the PV installations (e.g. the
    technicians). I already know that I'm not a "boots on the roof" kind of
    guy, so I wouldn't enjoy that type of work... but if this certification is
    a "standard" for anyone in the PV industry (including sales, marketing,
    customer service, and materials management folks), then I might consider
    making the $1,500 - $1,600 investment in the training course and exam fee.

    If anyone out there has any information about the NABCEP certification, I
    sure would appreciate a reply. HREG members can either post a reply on the
    group's board, or reply to me directly by e-mail (my address should be
    visible somewhere in my profile... but I don't want to type it in here...
    I'm trying my best to avoid all the spammers out there). Thank you, in
    advance, for any and all responses.

    Best Regards,
    M. Chad Crowhurst

    P.S. In case anyone out there wants to learn a little more about me, here's
    the URL to my LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/mccrowhurst

    NOTE: THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL TRANSMISSION CONTAINS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION INTENDED FOR THE PERSON(S) NAMED. ANY USE, DISTRIBUTION, COPYING, OR DISCLOSURE OF THIS INFORMATION TO ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.