Re: [hreg] Earth Day

  • Becky Merritt
    Message 1 of 90 , Apr 2 7:37 AM
      I will be able to work the booth on Earth Day from 2:00-4:00. Let me know how I can obtain a pass.

      Becky Merritt
      bmerritt@...

      >>> ChasMauch@... - 3/28/01 6:38 PM >>>
      I went by KRBE's offices today and picked up the data packet for ED. Here are
      some of the main points:

      It will be Sat April 7 from 10am to 7pm in Eleanor Tinsley Park (formerly
      Buffalo Bayou Park) just west of downtown along Allen Parkway.

      There will be 6 bands playing from 11:15am to 6:45pm.

      Tickets are $20 with children under 10 free (one child per adult). We have
      eight free passes for the workers. Last year we were able to pass some over
      the fence for reuse and some got in without using their passes and gave them
      to others so hopefully we will have enough for everyone who is willing to
      work.

      You can park free at the Enron parking garage at 1400 Smith and there will be
      a free Metro shuttle to and from the festival site beginning at 7am.

      Any heavy equipment can be loaded in on Fri April 6 beginning at 9am and must
      be completed by 7pm. We will get our booth assignment at that time. It will
      be 10' x 10' tent, one table, and 2 chairs. Booths must be set up and ready
      to go when the gates open at 10am.

      They say they are looking for interactive booths again this year. There will
      be a 1st prize of $500, 2nd place $250 and 3rd place $150.

      Per city health rules, no food or drink may be sold or given away at the
      booths (but of course there will be drinks, food etc for sale elsewhere).
      This means we can bake food, coffee etc. in the solar ovens but can't sell it
      or give it away.

      Loadout begins at 7pm and must be finished by 9pm.

      I assume that Mike and his son, Oral, James, and I will be there most of the
      day but request that all of them confirm that they can and advise what they
      will bring. Of course we could use quite a few more volunteers, because 9
      hours is a pretty long day, especially if it's hot. Please post to this list
      if you can possibly come by for a few hours so we will know how many we will
      have. All you need to do is schmooze with people who come by the booth and
      try to get them to sign our register and be in our data base. If you've never
      done it, give it a try - It's lots of fun.

      Hope that covers most of the details. email me back if you have any
      questions. See ya'll there!

      Charlie
    • JOHN GARDNER
      Message 90 of 90 , Jan 20, 2006
        I have accepted to be at the Woodlands event on April 8.
        John Gardner

        Michael Ewert <mewert@...> wrote:
        Looking ahead to Earth Day, I’d like to get an idea how many of you will be willing to help staff an HREG booth at one event or other.  I’m sure we will have many opportunities and I don’t want to accept more than we can handle.  Please let me know if you would like to staff the specific request below or if you would like to sign up tentatively to staff another Earth Day event.  Most will be on Saturdays in April.  Please e-mail me at mewert@....  Thank you.