Re: [hreg] [Fwd: The Truth About America's Energy Needs]

  • William M. Bell, Jr.
    Message 1 of 42 , Apr 2, 2001
      I wonder how much could be saved just by switching to low wattage
      flourescent lights?

      Rather than wasting all that money on subsidies, why not give a tax break to
      those who replace air-conditioners, refrigerators and install low wattage
      flourescent lights?

      William M. Bell, Jr.
      PO Box 926
      Fulshear, Texas 77441-0926
      Message 42 of 42 , Apr 12, 2001
        Re: [hreg] Earth Day 2002
        Having been a RG reseller, Local Pro and stock holder in the past I think if more people knew what is going on with this company they would be less inclined to conduct business with them.
        Recently RG elected to sell out to a large corporation in Ohio.  Some of the terms of that deal were that the wholesale program for regional dealers and Local Pros was eliminated, stockholders were compensated at a ten to one loss and Schaeffer got to keep the Solar Living Center as his own little non-profit toy.  Not to mention the massive layoffs that occurred at RG when the catalog operations were shifted to Ohio.
        Real Goods is not the warm, fuzzy company that they have successfully managed to convince the general public they are.  This is yet another cold, calculating corporation that does not hesitate to screw associates, employees and investors to achieve single minded objectives.  To anyone who thinks this company is a Earth friendly, green, sustainable business I hope they soon understand this is not the case.
        SBT Designs
        25840 IH-10 West #1
        Boerne, Texas 78006