[hreg] HREG Logo

  • Jonathan Clemens
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2000
      HREG team,

      Please find attached a proposed logo for HREG, a simple one defined in powerpoint.  I kept it to 3 colors - hunter green, black, and yellow.  I stated HREG, as well as wrote it out (hunter green), accompanied by a line drawing of a sailboat (black), with a glowing sun in the upper corner (yellow).  I think proportion-wise, the logo is scalable, larger or smaller, which will be good for any publication we may produce.  The sailboat, of course, represents the dependency on the sun, and implies a clean relaxing environment and the bayou city that is Houston.  Also attached is a preliminary (early!) draft of the HREG web page, defined in Frontpage 2000.  I did not put the logo in yet, but I will later.  I foresee 4 buttons to deeper pages with more details.  The front page prints out on one 8 1/2 by 11 sheet, and basically contains a summary paragraph, 4 buttons (Events, History, Join, Contact), and a Houston graphic (from a watercolor).  Comments are welcomed.  The plan is to have the web page up and running before the February 5 TxSES meeting.  Thank you.

      Jonathan A. Clemens
    • Steve Stelzer
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2000
[...]

        Click here for Productopia
        eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/hreg
      • Ewert, Mike
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2000
          I like it!  The only improvement I can think of is that I think it looks good on a medium blue background for places where another color is possible.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 10, 2000
            Hello Mike and Fellow HREGers,
            Sorry to be so long getting back on this but been kinda swamped. Finally
            spoke with Alison Dodson, Exec. Dir. of the Citizen's Environmental
            Coalition, about HREG becoming a member of CEC. I think I told you all
            previously that she had sent me some forms asking for quite a bit of stuff
            that we don't have, such as:
            Copy of our Purpose or Mission Statement;
            Proof of non-profit status;
            List of members of board of directors
            I explained our status as a sort of informal club or whatever and told her
            that we plan to become (or maybe already are?) a local chapter of the TxSES.
            She said that would work fine. What we basically need to do is to change our
            name to the Texas Solar Energy Society, Local Chapter. Then we could provide
            a copy of the TxSES by-laws which should contain their purpose or mission
            statement, their 501c3 status letter, and a listing of the members of their
            board of directors.
            I think we need to go ahead and do this. As previously stated, there are
            advantages to being affiliated with the TxSES and a member of CEC. We would
            be listed in their directory and their newsletter and would have a seat on
            the environmental roundtable which I volunteered to do unless someone else
            wants to.
            Let me know what you all think, and we probably need to check with TxSES too.
            Charlie Mauch