Re: [hreg] Conference - Federal Developments on Energy and the Environment

  • Kevin Conlin
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 14, 2009

      Ahmad,

      My apologies to you, I did not even consider you personally when I replied, I only replied in a general context. I certainly was not referring to you or insinuating you were idle, after all, we have never even met and I know nothing about you.  I have had similar experiences when dealing with govt agencies, and no longer seek them as customers. It's too political, and the wrong decisions are made for the wrong reasons.

      And I also agree on SBA loans, the time and effort simply aren't worth it, and near impossible when you are working 80 hour weeks.

      I do personally know of several solar newbies who are mainly angling for a govt subsidy or grant, they feel they're entitled to their share of the stimulus money and are only chasing govt programs, often in states they don't live in. I do not think that is a successful business model unless you have relatives in high places.....

      Uh oh, now I hope I didn't offend someone else.........but that is what I was referring to.

      Now I would like to hear more about your invention if you can share that with us.

      Best Regards,  Kevin

      From: Kevin Conlin <kevin@heliosolardes ign.com>
      To: hreg@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, June 14, 2009, 2:27 PM

      I have to agree about small business funding, I am often asked if I am going after stimulus money, whatever that is.

      I think a small businessman should focus his time and energy on what it takes to make the business successful, not hoping for some grant, loan or other govt. assistance, or wasting his precious time chasing a low probability opportunity. Any successful small business has to be stand alone profitable, not dependent the occasional dole.

      Regarding Who Killed the Electric Car, I would be interested in seeing it at a HREG meeting.

      Best,  Kevin

      From: James McKethen <james@mckethen. com>
      To: hreg@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, June 14, 2009, 11:16 AM

      Oh Ahmad,

      I wasnt happy with the information, content of the presentation. But i was glad to more informed. And to feel the palpable frustration. You were the gentleman that was in the chair, I remember you.
      I read a book about a man that talked about brick walls being there, to see how much you want something. I would like to get some of that money or be part of a company that has that heart you speak of.

      James McKethen

      From: James McKethen <james@mckethen. com>
      To: hreg@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, June 12, 2009, 11:42 AM

      Tyra,

      Well I will make sure the next conference, symposium, training, social hour, I get together with you.
       I am glad you have a copy of the presentation. I would love to get my hands on it. If you could fling it over the fence to me I would appreciate it.

      James

      Thursday, June 11, 2009
      5.30 pm - 6.00 pm Registration

       6:00 pm - 8:00 pm Presentation und Networking
      free for members, $ 15.00 for non-members
      InterContinental Hotel
      2222 West Loop South, Houston , TX 77027

      Space is limited - please pay at the door, cash only
      No RSVP necessary
      Cash bar

      Learn more about President Barack Obama's Stimulus Act and how it might affect the energy industry. Our speaker Patrick T. Currier’s practice focuses on energy and energy policy matters, striking a balance between the regulatory aspects of energy law with the policy developments shaping the future of the energy industry. His regulatory practice places an emphasis on electricity matters, including renewable generation, transmission and interconnection issues, and rulemakings before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. His energy policy practice focuses on climate change, renewable fuels, renewable electricity production, and the federal tax policies affecting these developing areas. This networking event offers a great opportunity to meet with like-minded individuals.

      This event is organized in cooperation with the Netherland Texas Business Association and the German American Chamber of Commerce.