Re: [hreg] [NTREG] URGENT! Solar Legislation - Still time to call!!

  • jirehprosper@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31 10:37 AM
      Easy enough. That actually felt good. A real American experience. Exercising the liberty that is still mine.
      Jireh Prosper
      My4everligt.biz

      From: "John P. Matznick"
      Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 12:17:18 -0500
      To: <hreg@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [hreg] [NTREG] URGENT! Solar Legislation - Still time to call!!

      I just talked with Representative Paxton's office.  The Representatives will be on the House floor today at 1 PM .. and most of the Representatives will have people answering their Capitol office phones, in part seeking input on how the Representative should vote on the solar legislation.

      A vote can occur any time after they go into session .. so don't wait!

      They *ARE* listening.  We ALL need to call .. and if you have time .. also e-mail.  Call their Capitol office first.  If you're on a tight budget .. try their District number.  If not, call both!

      Tell them you want them to vote to "Go outside the bounds on Senate Bill 546".  Doing so will allow inclusion of the solar energy legislation that two times now has been on the brink of defeat due to being delayed by the voter ID debacle.

      Tell them to vote in FAVOR of solar energy for Texas!  We can do this if everyone acts today!

      Passage will mean $500 million in incentive funds for the purchase of solar energy equipment, with up to 1/3 of the cost at each installation being offset by this incentive money.  With federal tax credits, this represents more than 50% reduction in the cost of solar energy systems for the next five years!  And it can continue more than five years if the program is successful!

      The legislation also includes overrides where homeowner's associations won't allow solar equipment .. and much more!

      I've listed most of the DFW Representatives below.  If you're outside the DFW area .. but live in Texas .. this still affects you!  Go to the following link, look up your Representative .. and then CALL that person to tell them you want them to vote to "Go outside the bounds on SB546".

      http://www.house. state.tx. us/members/ welcome.php

      Dan