Re: [hreg] PV Panel voltages

  • mkewert@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , May 21, 2009
      The open circuit voltage times the short circuit current you measured times about 70% fill factor says you have about 14V x 1A x 0.7 = 9.8 Watt panel, assuming it was in full, direct sun and that it is working properly.  You can't know if you have a low fill factor unless you test it under load.  If you can see individual cells, they are about 0.5 volts each.  Do you have 24 - 28 connected in series?