Re: [hreg] Propane vs. electric

  • Steve Shepard
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2001
      If both your solar lighting and solar water heating systems were sized properly they should offer more than three days back up capacity.  Certainly more capacity can be added to a residential lighting or water heating system if your budget allows.

      We regularly recommend that the primary power system be renewable based and that our customers use the grid as a back up.
      We offer our customers the capability to switch back and forth between the two at will.  Perhaps this capability would work for you also.

      Another thing to consider is that a small wind generator might have provided power while the Sun was hiding behind the clouds for so long.

      SBT Designs
      25840 IH-10 West #1
      Boerne, Texas 78006
      210-698-7109