[hreg] Re: Membership drive

  • ChasMauch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2000
      Hi Mike and everyone,

      Happy new millennium to all! I belong to the Green Party, and we have a
      bumper sticker that says "If there is a future, it will be Green." I really
      believe that, and feel that renewable energy is a critical part of our
      "Green" future. That's why I am a member of HREG. So, we need to get off to a
      running start this year! I have two items:

      1. I called Alison Dodson, executive director of the Citizens' Environmental
      Coalition and asked her about the membership requirements. She sent a form to
      fill out which asks for the following:
      a. copy of your organization's purpose or mission statement;
      b. proof of not-for-profit status;
      c. list of your board of directors;
      d. any materials describing your environmental programs; and
      e. any additional information you would like to include.
      Since we really don't have any of that, I assume our best bet would be to
      provide that data for the Texas Solar Energy Society, along with evidence
      that we are a local chapter of that organization.

      2. Received a letter from KRBE along with an entry blank for us to join in
      the Third Annual 104 KRBE Enron Earth Day Festival on 4/1/00 (a Saturday). We
      also must submit a list of the names of volunteers who will be manning
      (personing?) the booth by 3/1/00 and there must be not more than six. (I
      assume that is how many passes they will give out). They don't say anything
      about prizes this year (?)

      So I guess we can discuss all this at our next meeting (when will that be?)
      but we need to be thinking about it in the meantime and can have some
      preliminary discussion on this listsserv. Comments anyone?

      Charlie Mauch
    • Kathryn Houser
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2000
        Hi Mike,

        Happy new year!
        Thanks for the membership appeal; we appreciate the assistance.
        I will get the items you requested out as soon as possible next week.
        We do not have any brochures currently, due to low coffers and not
        giving the expensive printing a priority. All I can send are the yellow
        post cards for a "quick app."
        You all are doing an inspiring job over there is oil land. Keep up the
        great work!
        Kathryn
      • Ewert, Mike
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2000
          Charlie,

          You may be able to use the "Statement of Organization" I sent with the
          December meeting minutes for some of that.

          I'm glad you got the Earth Day information. We can talk about it at our
          meeting, tentatively scheduled for January 30th.

[...]

          Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime? You can today at
          X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it! Sign up today at X.com. It's
          quick, free, & there's no obligation!
          http://click.egroups.com/1/332/0/_/58590/_/946756695

          -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/hreg/?m=1