Re: Homeowners Assocs, Houston Pollution, & Attitudes toward Alterna

  • Ariel T.
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21 9:15 AM

      Evelyn wrote: “… I would like to start a green group in my subdivision. I have been adviced that I will encounter resistance. Any words of wisdom of how I should start the group and what are the things I should try to get people interested in first?”

      My suggestion for a starter: an attractive “Victory garden”, ideally in your FRONT yard.  The White House is leading the way, so I hope it doesn’t become a pro-vs-anti-Obama thing for you, but at least the publicity is out there.  Let neighbors know that you’ll be distributing any herbs, veggies and fruit your family doesn’t consume.  It should start some dialogue and communication with others – hopefully leading to constructive discussions about rainwater harvesting, photovoltaics, etc.
      Good luck; keep us posted.

      Ariel
      - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one another, since otherwise there is NO ONE who will help.
      - All countries need NO REGRETS strategic policies regarding every non-renewable resource, including water.