New file uploaded to hreg

  • hreg@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 18, 2009
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the hreg
      group.

      File : /viral marketing.htm
      Uploaded by : laban_johnson <laban_johnson@...>
      Description : Promote your business while benefiting charity! Use our free viral fundraiser marketing tools This is a great free tool to get more word-of-mouth referrals for your business so you work less for more business, and to benefit charity, earning recognition in your community as a giver! It's Simple, inexpensive, and powerfully effective! Start by passing our VIRAL fundraising flyers out to your list but you type in your business name and information. People WILL pass these along to their friends

      You can access this file at the URL:

      Regards,

      Message 2 of 23 , Apr 27, 2009
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the hreg
        group.

        File : /Texas SB 545 as Amended.pdf
        Uploaded by : jks544 <adam.hipp@...>
        Description : Texas SB 545 (as amended)

        jks544 <adam.hipp@...>
      • hreg@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 23 , May 11, 2009
          Hello,

          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the hreg
          group.

          File : /Bachman04-26-09rev.pdf
          Uploaded by : mkewert <mkewert@...>
          Description : Passive Solar Heating & Cooling - Bachman

          mkewert <mkewert@...>
        • mkewert@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 23 , May 11, 2009
            I just uploaded the slides that Leonard Bachman used in his fantastic presentation on Passive Cooling at our last HREG meeting on April 26th.  His talk on cooling started on slide 51, but here you have his full set including  Passive Solar Heating (slides 1-50).
            Here are a few notes from the talk in case you missed it.
            Leonard is with the Univ of Houston School of Architecture and directs their Building Performance Laboratory, which he invited us to tour sometime.
            Passive heat sinks (for cooling) include air motion, the ground, bodies of water and the night sky.
            Try planting okra in front of your west windows for shading; it grows fast.
            He likes vented skin envelopes and conditioned space ducting; he has a whole house fan in his home.
            "Climate Consultant" is a great free software from UCLA: http://www2.aud.ucla.edu/energy-design-tools/
            He endorsed radiant attic barriers and evaporative roof cooling.
            Suggested reading: thermal delight in architecture by lisa heschong; Integrated Buildings by Leonard Bachman

            Mike

            Message 5 of 23 , May 11, 2009

              I just returned from a trip to Iran , where in addition to visiting parabolic concentrated solar thermal plants, I toured ancient sites, some dating back 400 BC.   In an arid desert environment, ancient homes were cooled using all the methods you mention below, every house had a wind chimney, rooms dug into the earth for cooling, and water frequently channeled underground.  Open courtyards included pools and fountains that cooled and provided air movement.  Wind chimneys were the most amazing – like standing under an attic fan.  The architecture was fascinating, simple and beautiful.

              Tyra

              Uploaded by : mkewert <mkewert@comcast. net>
              Description : Passive Solar Heating & Cooling - Bachman

              You can access this file at the URL:
              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/hreg/ files/Bachman04- 26-09rev. pdf

              http://help. yahoo.com/ l/us/yahoo/ groups/original/ members/web/ index.htmlfiles

              Regards,

              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 24, 2010
                Hello,

                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the hreg
                group.

                File : /The Woodlands Earth Day April 10 2010 Volunteer List.xls
                Uploaded by : sureshbalachandran <sureshb2k@...>
                Description : The Woodlands Earth Day April 10 2010 Volunteer List