Re: [hreg] passive cooling etc.

  • Andrea Wisner
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10, 2009
      That's interesting. Does anyone on this list actually have a "cool roof"? We are about to buy a house and paint it 100% including roof with the reflective paint/coating. Any cautions?

      As to the oven, I have been thinking of some time about ovens and refrigerators that vent very well to the outside in hot weather, and then the vent is closed in cold weather - almost an indoor/outdoor kitchen, maybe with removable wall sections. Any ideas there? The oven and refrigerator would have to lie against outside walls, obviously.

      Another thing - how hard is it to deal with Houston-area homeowners associations when desiring to install solar collectors on the roof? Any tips?

      From: evelyn sardina <evelynsardina@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: [hreg] If you have a vent
      To: "hreg" <hreg@yahoogroups. com>
      Date: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 7:49 AM

      I have a vent to the outside of the house for my gas stove. What would be the best way to keep all the air conditioning and heat from going out?

    • evelyn sardina
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10, 2009
        Hi there...
        In the summer in order to keep my house cool I just use a rice cooker and crock pot and plug it outside on my patio. It is easy since I don't have to keep up with it when I am working on the garden and It does not heat up the inside of my house and I can get a hot meal. I have a gas stove and it has a vent that goes out the ceiling and them out the roof but you can still feel the heat when you cook inside so I really enjoy the slow cookers. I like the idea of the solar cooker but it is a strech for me.... Good luck, Evelyn