Re: evaporative cooler

  • jay.ring@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2009
      You can get a evaporative condenser, sometimes called a "water cooled condenser" for your central air. These work just like the air conditioner you have now, except that the condenser is cooled by water instead of air.

      In some areas they are very efficient; I am not sure how they perform in Houston. I imagine they still do pretty well.

      I have no first hand knowledge of these guys, they were just the first image that came up on Google:
      http://demandbuster.com/

      Apologies to Robert since he probably knows much of this - I'm covering my bases for the sake of everyone else! :) If anyone knows anything else about these types of devices, particularly how they perform in Houston, I would love to hear about it!