Fw: Here comes the sun

  • evelyn sardina
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2009

      --- On Fri, 3/20/09, Luke Metzger, Environment Texas Director <LukeM@...> wrote:
      From: Luke Metzger, Environment Texas Director <LukeM@...>
      Subject: Here comes the sun
      To: evelynsardina@...
      Date: Friday, March 20, 2009, 4:53 PM

      Tell the Legislature to Go Solar!
      Hi Evelyn,
      With the first day of spring upon us, we're already experiencing the warmth and life that the Texas sun provides.
      For the first time, the Legislature is taking a serious look at using the sun to solve our energy problems by investing in solar power. With the right support, Texas could become a world leader in solar power, helping protect our environment and putting people back to work in good green jobs.
      We can make it happen, but we need your help. Please sign our petition asking the Legislature to Go Solar!
      Decisions made by policy makers in the next year will determine whether Texas can ride the solar wave, capturing the vast potential of solar power for our state. Texas has the best solar potential in the nation and we could power the entire state many times over with our abundant sunshine.
      Texas should spur the development of solar power within the state by creating rebates and incentives to make it easier for homeowners and businesses to install solar on their rooftop, investing in solar for schools and large-scale solar farms, requiring utilities to pay consumers a fair price for surplus electricity generated, and prohibiting homeowners associations from blocking solar.
      Please sign our petition asking the Legislature to Go Solar!

      Sincerely,

      Luke Metzger
      Environment Texas Director
      LukeM@...
      http://www.environmenttexas.org

      P.S. Thanks again for your support. Please feel free to share this e-mail with your family and friends.