[hreg] Membership drive

  • Ewert, Mike
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 1999
      I think one important thing for HREG to do is start a membership drive. I
      feel like we have our feet on the ground and we are ready to expand. Will
      anyone step forward and lead this effort? I would mainly see it as
      e-mailing an invitation to some of the environmental and other groups and
      encouraging current members to spread the word. Once we have our web site
      up, that will help.

      Second to adding to the HREG list is to encourage folks to join TXSES. I'll
      make an appeal to you right now. I was just reading the Fall issue of the
      "Reflector", the newspaper you get with your $25 annual dues. It has an
      article about passive solar home design guidelines. It starts by saying
      "Every home is a solar home" and goes on to give guidelines such as "West
      facing glass should not exceed 2% of the square footage of you house". If
      your house has this and your not in the market for a new one, you should
      consider shading. This is the type of information that I have heard many of
      you ask for. Of course there are other benefit to TXSES membership, not the
      least of which is showing your support for renewables. So, sign up today at
      www.txses.org !

      Attached is our current list of members. If you notice anyone missing, send
      them an e-mail. You should be able to view this list on the hreg web site
      http://www.egroups.com/group/hreg/ under members. You may have to
      'register' first, but it doesn't take long.
    • ChasMauch@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2000
        Hi Mike and everyone,

        Happy new millennium to all! I belong to the Green Party, and we have a
        bumper sticker that says "If there is a future, it will be Green." I really
        believe that, and feel that renewable energy is a critical part of our
        "Green" future. That's why I am a member of HREG. So, we need to get off to a
        running start this year! I have two items:

        1. I called Alison Dodson, executive director of the Citizens' Environmental
        Coalition and asked her about the membership requirements. She sent a form to
        fill out which asks for the following:
        a. copy of your organization's purpose or mission statement;
        b. proof of not-for-profit status;
        c. list of your board of directors;
        d. any materials describing your environmental programs; and
        e. any additional information you would like to include.
        Since we really don't have any of that, I assume our best bet would be to
        provide that data for the Texas Solar Energy Society, along with evidence
        that we are a local chapter of that organization.

        2. Received a letter from KRBE along with an entry blank for us to join in
        the Third Annual 104 KRBE Enron Earth Day Festival on 4/1/00 (a Saturday). We
        also must submit a list of the names of volunteers who will be manning
        (personing?) the booth by 3/1/00 and there must be not more than six. (I
        assume that is how many passes they will give out). They don't say anything
        about prizes this year (?)

        So I guess we can discuss all this at our next meeting (when will that be?)
        but we need to be thinking about it in the meantime and can have some
        preliminary discussion on this listsserv. Comments anyone?

        Charlie Mauch
      • Kathryn Houser
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2000
          Hi Mike,

          Happy new year!
          Thanks for the membership appeal; we appreciate the assistance.
          I will get the items you requested out as soon as possible next week.
          We do not have any brochures currently, due to low coffers and not
          giving the expensive printing a priority. All I can send are the yellow
          post cards for a "quick app."
          You all are doing an inspiring job over there is oil land. Keep up the
          great work!
          Kathryn
        • Ewert, Mike
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2000
            Charlie,

            You may be able to use the "Statement of Organization" I sent with the
            December meeting minutes for some of that.

            I'm glad you got the Earth Day information. We can talk about it at our
            meeting, tentatively scheduled for January 30th.

[...]

            Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime? You can today at
            X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it! Sign up today at X.com. It's
            quick, free, & there's no obligation!
            http://click.egroups.com/1/332/0/_/58590/_/946756695

            -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/hreg/?m=1