Re: [hreg] Inquiry re Solar Heat Panel

  • Steve Shepard
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2001
      There is a solar pool dealer in San Antonio that I can recommend.  He does installations all over the state.

      Call Dave Bebeau at Sunrise Solar 210-495-7933 or email DJBebeau@...

      SBT Designs
      25840 IH-10 West #1
      Boerne, Texas 78006
      210-698-7109
      www.sbtdesigns.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 5, 2001
        Jonathan,
        The first time we participated in the Enron Earth Day (1999) one of our
        exhibiters was David Sawchak, who had been a member of the old renewable
        energy group and brought some solar hot water heater panels to the exhibit. I
        remember they were big (barely fit under the tent) and were really heavy!
        Anyway he was still in some phase of the solar energy business - one of the
        few who had not gone totally broke and was still fighting it. But I don't
        have a telephone number or email for him. Does anyone else who was there
        remember? Mike? James? Oral? Steve?
        Charlie Mauch
      • Kevin L. Conlin

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 5, 2001
            Try David Sawchak at Morningstar,  I'm not sure what you mean by a passive heater, but David is the only active solar DHW and Pool heating contractor in the Houston area, 713 686 1762.

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 19, 2001
              I heard a speaker yesterday whose name shall be withheld. I don't think
              he's on this list but if he is, it's okay. He was talking about energy
              efficient homes. There were lots of questions going around and finally I
              asked if he thought solar water heaters would be good and lo, he said
              nobody wants them, and I said WHY? and he said, cost too much, not enough
              folks to maintain them etc etc. I was really surprised. I mean, he was
              promoting other things that take a little work and money and I figured
              solar hot water would fit right in. I told him that there are whole
              developments in Houston with solar hot water systems and the systems have
              worked fine for at least 20 years, and I also told him that there are
              several working solar hot water systems in my neighborhood and most
              people who have them, like them. How many folks are coming along who are
              trained to install and maintain solar hot water systems? Is there any
              other plan other than the periodic SEI or other training for solar
              applications which will see that enough good plumbers are licensed or
              trained or whatever? Is there licensing for solar hot water folks? I
              think lots of folks would like to have solar hot water. Of course,
              there's a wait, we are finding out.
              Marge in Austin