Fwd: Come join me at Virtual March on Washington on PickensPlan

  • Susan Lehrer
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2009
      All:

      Please join in if you are so inclined!

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: david@PickensPlan <events@...>
      Date: Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 10:28 AM
      Subject: Come join me at Virtual March on Washington on PickensPlan
      To: "forteheart@..." <forteheart@...>

      PickensPlan
      david@Picke...
      david@PickensPlan has invited you to the event 'Virtual March on Washington' on PickensPlan!

      The Virtual March is almost here. As of now we have 1.8 million marchers. If you haven't already please be sure to sign up and tell your friends to do the same!

      David

      Virtual March on WashingtonTime: April 1, 2009 to April 3, 2009
      Location: Online
      Organized By: david@PickensPlan

      Event Description:
      The Pickens Plan is organizing a Virtual March on Washington to be held April 1-3, 2009.

      So what is a "Virtual March"?

      We are going to utilize the size and unique capabilities of the New Energy Army to have an enormous impact on the White House and Congress. The Army will focus its energy during those three days on e-mails, calls and faxes to every Member of Congress.

      Between now and then we will be engaging in a series of activities to get ready for the event, including:

      * Contacting Members of Congress through email and phone calls to encourage support for key aspects of the Pickens Plan.

      * Recruiting new members of the Army in every Congressional District.

      * Submitting letters to the editor and op-eds to newspapers around the country.

      * Holding district meetings and house parties with members of the Army to discuss ways to have an impact.

      * Participating in webcast events.

      We will be communicating with members of the Army via email, Push, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and LinkedIn to build support and enthusiasm for the event. Make sure you are connected to us on any of these platforms where you have a profile!

      If you haven't yet joined your District Group, click here to find your group and join.

      Be sure to take photos and videos of your activities over the next couple months - we will soon be inviting you to submit items to be featured here on the Virtual March homepage.

      Sign up today to participate in the Virtual March and recruit your friends and family to join you!

      (If you are interested in visiting your Members of Congress during the virtual march, please contact your Regional and/or District Leader for more information.)

      See more details and RSVP on PickensPlan:
      http://push.pickensplan.com/events/event/show?id=2187034%3AEvent%3A1967381&xgi=epVzEvk
      About PickensPlan
      PickensPlan13794 photos
      1387 videos
      12775 discussions
      572 events
      5770 blog posts

      To control which emails you receive on PickensPlan, click here

      --
      Sue Lehrer, PhD
      EVP Strategic and