Call to action engineering assistance with STP

  • David Power
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2009
      I've now working for Public Citizen for the last month and we are
      working with SEED in on the new nuclear plant proposals.
      We are in the 60 day period for case filings.

      In particular we are looking for engineers or staff that have any
      experience with the South texas Nuclear facility.
      I personally remember working with ex brown and root engineers and to
      some networking classes in the 90s with operations staff for STP 1 & 2.

      Seed is looking for experienced hydrologists, ME's, structural
      engineers and others that will be willing to work against the
      permitting process on the new STP 3&4 expansion as well as the
      Comanche peak project.

      If you know anyone that was involved in the STP original plant
      construction or operations or qualified engineers that are interested
      in being compensated as expert witnesses please have them contact me
      so I can put them in touch with the right people. Any ex Brown and
      root or subcontractors would be extremely valuable for our filings,
      its been a long time so ask your neighbors or relatives, this was a
      large and troubled project.

      Do we want our future powered by a nuclear reactor thats 93 million
      miles away or one thats in the neighborhood?

      David Power
      Deputy Director Public Citizen Texas
      Lead Solar Advocate