Re: [hreg] Our Own Trees and the Rain forests

  • Marge Wood
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3, 2001
      You can find your state representative and go visit him/her (make an
      appointment first) and talk about it and stay after him/her to work on
      it. If you find several other state reps who think it is a good idea, you
      will increase your chances of making it happen. If you have a lot of
      friends who like the idea who will write, call or go with you to visit
      your state rep, you have a better chance. If you have a lawyer friend who
      will help you write it up, it helps. You might join the Sierra Club; they
      probably would like that idea.
      Marge
      On Sat, 3 Mar 2001 00:10:12 EST boylss@... writes:
      > hi Dan,
      >
      > I don;t know the answer to your question, but I think that's a
      > good
      > idea. Replacement Trees might help a little. Or maybe it would
      > help the
      > builder to decide to build around the trees instead of cutting them
      > down. I
      > hope you find out, who "will" sponsor a bill.
      > (Replacement trees take a many years to form a large canopy,
      > however.)
      > Replacement trees would certainly be better than ending up with NO
      > TREES, huh?
      >
      > Thanks. Be Happy! Saundra
    • Jonathan Clemens
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 5, 2001
        I would recommend asking the Sierra Club's Conservation chairman about how or who to get a state rep to sponsor a tree bill.  Contact Frank Blake:

        Jonathan