Re: [hreg] Austin update

  • mkewert@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2009
      David,
      How did it go?
      Mike
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "David Power" <dpower@...>
      To: "Hreg@Yahoogroups. Com" <hreg@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 9:58:41 PM GMT -06:00 Guadalajara / Mexico City / Monterrey
      Subject: [hreg] Austin update

      Time to show your support for solar, and your opposition to new
      nuclear power!

      Rumor has it that  Austin City Councilman Mike Martinez is the force
      pushing hard to bring back the Nuclear proposal and to dump the Solar
      project. With the big city right down 35 rolling out a major new green
      agenda and huge proposed changes in their utility, are we going to see
      San antonio leave us and the Green jobs agenda behind in a cloud of
      brown dust. We've got Grandma coming back, like some of the nuclear
      waste that we cant get rid of, and now this, is it going to be 1978
      all over again?

      On Thursday, Austin City Council will take up the issues of nuclear
      energy and solar energy. We can't think of a better picture to
      illustrate the
      fork in the road we face when it comes to Austin's energy future.