Solar Video Contest and Lobby Day

  • Jim & Janet
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2009
      To help get the word out about Texas' solar power potential, Environment
      Texas is hosting a video contest on the subject of solar power in Texas.

      We want you to create your most persuasive video about why we need more
      solar power in Texas. What's your vision for solar in our state? We'll use
      the winning videos to help ecision-makers imagine a better energy future.
      Your video will be a critical part of an effort to educate city councils,
      the Texas Legislature, and lawmakers in the state.

      The winner will receive a $2000 prize, and will be featured on our Web
      site. The first runner up will receive $500 and a free membership to
      Environment Texas. The second runner up will receive an Environment Texas

      Learn more here:

      Environment Texas is also co-sponsoring a Lobby day and environmental
      conference in Austin next week.

      As the 81st Session of the Texas State Legislature begins, we have a great
      opportunity to promote our legislative agenda. Together with the Alliance
      for Clean Texas, we are rganizing a day of advocacy and lobbying in our
      state capitol. Will you join us?

      WHO: Environment Texas and our partners in the Alliance for a Clean Texas
      WHAT: Lobby Day & Environmental Conference
      WHEN: Tuesday, Feb. 17, 5-9 PM and Wednesday, Feb. 18, 8 AM - Noon
      WHERE: Lobby Training on Feb. 17 is at University Presbyterian Church, 2203
      San Antonio St, Austin, TX 78705. Lobby Day on Feb. 18 is at the Texas State

      Register here:

      At the Lobby Training on Tuesday, Feb. 17 from 5-9 PM, you'll get to meet
      environmental activists form across the state, learn about key legislation
      introduced in the current egislative session with our policy experts, and
      practice lobby meetings with experienced organizers.

      On Wednesday Feb. 18, we will have meetings set up with your elected
      representatives, and you will be joined at the meetings with our advocates
      and policy experts. Also on Wednesday, all participants are encouraged to
      attend our keynote speech by environmental activist and nationally
      recognized speaker Van Jones.

      Space is limited so reserve your spot today!

      Luke Metzger
      Environment Texas Director

      P.S. Thanks again for your support. Please feel free to share this e-mail
      with your family and friends.