Re: Earth day and HREG

  • Jay Ring
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2009
      Thanks Mike!

      A few more questions...

      Should we do all further messages on the topic by email to keep the
      mail list clean, or just the phone numbers as a privacy guard?

      What do we have to do at the table exactly? Do we just chat around
      with people that stop by, or is there something more formal?

      - Jay

      --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, mkewert@... wrote:

      > Thanks for asking Jay. HREG will have a display table and
      information at 2 events and we will need volunteers. Everyone, please
      let me know which you would like to help with and send your phone
      number to me at mewert@...
      > Thank you very much,
      > Mike
      >
      > Houston Earth Day - Saturday April 11 from 9 - 6 at Discovery Green
      Park

      > Houston Green Expo - April 17th (Friday) from 1:00-4:00 and April
      18/19 (Saturday and Sunday) from 10:00-5:00 at Reliant Park

      Mexico City / Monterrey

    • mkewert@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 10, 2009
        Yes, let's keep all the discussion about volunteering off list.  But, so that everyone knows what to expect, here's what we will do.

        About 2 people per shift (~2-4 hours per shift) will sit at the table and hand out literature and talk to people as they walk by.  Just try to answer their questions or refer them to the materials or our YahooGroup if you can't.  Nothing formal.  Before or after your shift you can look around at the other booths.

        Thanks,
        Mike
        mewert@...