Re: [hreg] City Of Austin Alert

  • Charles Seaman
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2009

      From: David Power <dpower@...>
      To: "Hreg@Yahoogroups. Com" <hreg@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, February 9, 2009 8:26:52 PM
      Subject: [hreg] City Of Austin Alert

      I know that there are a lot of Austinites that lurk here or anyone
      that would like to make the trip your support would be appreciated.

      The Austin city council will be meeting on Thursday @ 10 am , a
      couple of important issues will be discussed.
      Item 3 on the agenda is the resolution to decline the investment in
      the expansion of the South Texas Nuclear project. I have heard that
      Carol Strayhorn (running for Mayor) will be presenting on the issue
      (doesn't she remember what happened to the cities bond rating the last
      time this happened.

      Item 16 is to authorize the contract to build the largest solar array
      in Texas to provide for clean emission-less electricity for the city.

      The rules posted say the session may be closed.

      Lets see how many people we can get to attend to show our support for
      the pro solar initiative and to finish the STP issue. I know its a
      work day but try to attend, better yet get the whole office to attend.

      David Power