Earth day and HREG

  • Jay Ring
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9, 2009
      At the last meeting we briefly discussed some sort of earth day
      activities and volunteering? Did I understand that correctly?

      Does anyone have any information about this they could share? I would
      like to volunteer some time this year and I'd like to know what we can do.

      Thanks -

      - Jay
    • mkewert@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 9, 2009
        Thanks for asking Jay.  HREG will have a display table and information at 2 events and we will need volunteers.  Everyone, please let me know which you would like to help with and send your phone number to me at mewert@....
        Thank you very much,
        Mike

        Houston Earth Day - Saturday April 11 from 9 - 6 at Discovery Green Park

        Houston Green Expo - April 17th (Friday) from 1:00-4:00 and April 18/19 (Saturday and Sunday) from 10:00-5:00 at Reliant Park

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 10, 2009
          Thanks Mike!

          A few more questions...

          Should we do all further messages on the topic by email to keep the
          mail list clean, or just the phone numbers as a privacy guard?

          What do we have to do at the table exactly? Do we just chat around
          with people that stop by, or is there something more formal?

          - Jay

          --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, mkewert@... wrote:

          > Thanks for asking Jay. HREG will have a display table and
          information at 2 events and we will need volunteers. Everyone, please
          let me know which you would like to help with and send your phone
          number to me at mewert@...
          > Thank you very much,
          > Mike
          >
          > Houston Earth Day - Saturday April 11 from 9 - 6 at Discovery Green
          Park

          > Houston Green Expo - April 17th (Friday) from 1:00-4:00 and April
          18/19 (Saturday and Sunday) from 10:00-5:00 at Reliant Park

          Mexico City / Monterrey

        • mkewert@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 10, 2009
            Yes, let's keep all the discussion about volunteering off list.  But, so that everyone knows what to expect, here's what we will do.

            About 2 people per shift (~2-4 hours per shift) will sit at the table and hand out literature and talk to people as they walk by.  Just try to answer their questions or refer them to the materials or our YahooGroup if you can't.  Nothing formal.  Before or after your shift you can look around at the other booths.

            Thanks,
            Mike
            mewert@...