Re: [hreg] Digest Number 2155

  • Ariel T.
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2008
      Wonderful news -- thank you for arranging it.  I will bust my proverbials to be there; my work schedule should allow me to make this meeting.
      Just in case, dress in plenty of layers if the weather is iffy -- there is much to see indoors, but the real fun is outdoors.
      For more detailed driving directions, the venue is about 85 miles from downtown Houston:
      - take IH 10 and stay on it until about 2-3 miles West of Columbus.
      - check your odometer, and turn right (North) on highway 71.
      - go just under 7 miles, look to the right, and drop your jaw.
      Enjoy!
      Ariel
      - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one another, since otherwise there is NO ONE who will help.
      - All countries need NO REGRETS strategic policies regarding every non-renewable resource, including water.

      Special HREG meeting in January

      Posted by: "mkewert@..."

      Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:25 pm (PST)

      Our regular HREG meeting on Sunday January 25th will not be at the library, but at a special location that many of you have been interested in seeing: The Industrial Country Market.

      This is the place near Columbus on highway 71 just north of I-10 that has windmills, solar panels, a green roof and much more. There was some discussion about it several months ago on the list so we arranged to have a tour for our January meeting. It will be from 2-4pm (our usual time). We will arrange some carpools from the Houston area when the date gets closer. I just wanted to make the announcement early.

      Their website is still under development at:
      http://www.icm71. com/